Sunday 11 January 2015

Thank You card

Hello everyone,

I am back with another CAS card...

I always try to learn new techniques...but some techniques need new supplies...and sometimes you just cant invest in something...
And then there are frugal ways to recreate the technique...
So I set off to try making and using the homemade version of modelling paste(I love experimenting)...
I found many recipes with the following ingredients:
Acrylic paint
Baby Powder
Glue




I used my rose stencil and used a business card to swipe it through my stencil...It looked beautiful...

But after it dried...it looked translucent...I think it was because my quantity of powder was more....I will add more paint next time...
But the translucency gave it a very beautiful effect as the background stencil and colours were visible through the rose...



 Now, for the background I used a Hampton Art stencil and some distress inks...
I think this is the first time I have used 2 stencils on a single card :)
I also added a stitched border to it. I used some pink embroidery thread for the stitching....
The sentiment is handwritten with a white gel pen.




The card depicts the view through the grills of my window of the lovely shrubs of roses in the garden!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:


            Share Our Badge on Your Blog!


Virginia's View Challenge  UnstampaBelles ChallengesArtistic Inspirations



   
Take this badge for you blog if you love to play Quirky!

( You can click on the images to go the respective challenge pages)


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your double stenciling. That background is so pretty with the varying colors and your rose turned out beautiful as well. The stitching adds the perfect border for this. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - how clever are you! I just have to check that the word is not a stamp. It looks like either a die cut or letters or handwritten to me but I have to make sure as we are a non-stamping challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles either way, and I hope you will return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...you don't need to worry...the word is handwritten...I will add that in my post...
      But I am flattered to hear that it looks like a die-cut or stamp(just kidding) :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card. I will have to look into the homemade paste. Always looking for something different to try. I think the translucency of the rose is pretty stunning! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Judy! I too love to try different technique...

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is beautiful! What a great technique! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed that you made your own paste! This card looks incredible too! Way to go Purvi...thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making your own supplies if fun!!! ;) Thanks Nancy!

      Delete
  6. I admire your thrifty way of trying a new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the background and stencil technique!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the translucency is lovely actually. Great that you tried a budget technique and used craft items (and more) that you already had. Thanks for joining in at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Quirky Crafts. Good Luck in the voting, come back and see us soon! Lori - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...