Friday 24 April 2015

Watercolour Card - I

Hello crafters,

One my dear friends left our office yesterday...so I made a Farewell card for her...
This was a very quick card....
I used some new supplies...the yummy gelatos....and my new favourite stencil by Julie Balzer...


I scribbled some gelatos over a white cardstock and then blended them with water to give a watercolour effect...next I went over the gelatos with a stencil and white acrylic paint...I applied the paint randomly and even let it seep though the stencil...cause I was not going for a clean look...
And in the end I had some splatter fun :D
I went around the edges of this piece with a Black Archival Ink...I think it gives a bit of messy Vintage look...


The sentiment is handwritten with Pigma Micron tip....
I curved the sentiment label and put some stacked double sided tape underneath it so that it would hold its shape...and also went around the edges with a Black Archival Ink...


Finally mounted the card on a white card base...
And my quick and easy card was ready...

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Lulupu - Watercolour - Watercolouring with gelatos
Monday Mood Board - Inspired by the colours of the fruits and books
Frilly and Funkie - Stencil
Crafts for Eternity - Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. Such a bright and happy card! Seems you are having fun with gelatos! Cute card!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Suche! For ppl like me who cant paint...this is a very useful medium!!!

      Delete
  2. Terrific card. The way you have added the white on top of the colour makes this look much like a Navajo blanket. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Purvi! Fabulous card :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is one really cool stencil!!

    Thanks for joining us in the Lulupu Challenge #48. Good Luck!
    Hugs!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the Rug Stencil by Balzer Designs! I love it!

      Delete
  5. Pretty :) ! Thanks for joining us in the Lulupu Challenge #48. !
    Dolly - Lulupu DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I loved the stencil too! Thanks for joining us at Lulupu Challenge #48. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanvi! Its the Rug Stencil by Balzer Designs from Crafters Workshop! I love i toot!

      Delete
  7. Just gorgeous! I love that quilted background. So glad you could play along with my Monday Mood Board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! I love how you've created that rainbow effect behind the stencilling. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...